- Attend A Neighborhood Watch Meeting
- Broadview Building Codes
- Report A Concern
- View Broadview Crime Map
- Recieve Email Crime Alerts
- Receive Text Alerts From Police Department
- Report Crime Tips - Remain Anonymous
- Sign-up Reverse 911
- Contact Broadview Offices
Call JULIE before Digging
To avoid damaging lines, state law requires you to call JULIE before any digging project, regardless of the project size or depth. Just call a helpful call center operator at JULIE, 8-1-1 or (800) 892-0123, and they'll alert their member utility companies of your plans to dig so they can come out and mark their underground lines at your site.
If no call is made prior to digging, the person or firm doing the excavating work will be held liable for repair costs. Do not dig on the marked line(s) or within 18 inches of either side of these marks.
JULIE, Inc. is a not-for-profit message handling service for homeowners and contractors. JULIE operators are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The call is free and so are the services. JULIE neither owns nor marks any underground facilities.
Homeowner Digging Projects
Examples of homeowner projects include:
• Putting up a fence
• Installing a swing set
• Setting in a mail box post
• Digging for a pool, pond, or fountain
• Building a deck or room addition
• Preparing a new garden area
• Planting trees, bushes, or shrubs
Follow these simple safety tips:
• Call JULIE (800) 892-0123 before you dig
• Wait the required amount of time (two working days)
• Respect the marks
• Dig with care
Remember you will be held responsible for any damages that occur if JULIE is not called.
The website for JULIE is: www.illinois1call.com